Australia Looking To Shut Down On Gambling
The Australian government are looking to tighten the restrictions on gambling and will take on the issue during the winter session of parliament, the Brisbane Times reports.
The report claims that the federal government is looking to boost the abilities of the Australian Communications and Media Authority to enforce new rules on sports betting, which include banning the promotion of live odds during sports broadcasting.
Other gambling topics allegedly on the agenda include:
- Reducing the harm caused by the popularity of “pokie” gambling machines by requiring all machines assembled in 2013 and beyond to have pre-commitment technology.
- Having a $250 daily withdrawal limit from ATMs in gambling venues (excluded casinos)
- More gambling counselors
- Electronic warnings and cost of play displays on poker machines by 2016.
Written by: Petter
- NetEnt launches Space Wars slot Posted on: April 12, 2013
Join the important Space Wars battle today. Here is just a sneakpeak of NetEnts latest video slot Space Wars that will be released at several online casino operators the 24th of April. We know for sure that the game will be released at Vera John Casino. Space Wars video slot sneak peak Are you ready [...]
- Winner Casino - Spring in Full Swing Posted on: April 7, 2013
Now that you are nice and thawed out from the long winter, join Winner Casino – Spring in full Swing and celebrate some special announcements! This month is featuring several new additions to the casino, including April’s Games of the Month, the new mobile app and the big ticket item, Winner’s vacation giveaway sending one [...]